Bear Paws Cookies & Cream Mousse Parfait
- 3 oz (90 g) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) 35% whipping cream, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract, divided
- 8 Bear Paws Sandwich Chocolate, divided
1. Place chocolate in large heatproof bowl; set aside. In small saucepan, bring 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) cream just to simmer over medium heat. Pour hot cream and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla over chocolate; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes or until chilled.
2. Crush 2 cookies; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form. With clean beaters, whip remaining cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
3. Spoon chocolate mixture and whipped cream into separate piping bags fitted with large star tip. In layers, pipe mousse, then whipped cream into serving glasses. Sprinkle crushed cookies over top. Refrigerate for 45 to 60 minutes or until chilled. Garnish each serving with cookie before serving.
For an adult dessert, spike the mousse by stirring a splash of rum or bourbon into the chocolate mixture.