Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 1½ cups (375 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, each cut into three long strips
- 1 box Boulangerie Grissol Sesame Breadsticks
- 5 Boulangerie Grissol Multiseed Rustic Flatbreads
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black sesame seeds
- 3 tsp (15 ml) white sesame seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) water pinch of salt and pepper for egg mixture
1. In a large bowl mix together honey, buttermilk, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken strips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 or up to 8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place on top of cooking rack. Set aside.
4. Place Breadsticks and Flatbreads in a zip-top bag and crush with rolling pin to a fine crumb.
5. Add black and white sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp salt.
6. Pour mixture into bowl.
7. In a second bowl, beat eggs with 1 tsp water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. In a third bowl, season flour with salt and pepper.
9. Working in small batches, place chicken pieces first in flour to coat. Then roll in egg mixture. Lastly coat with breadcrumb mixture.
10. Place coated chicken strips on rack. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
11. Place pan in oven and cook for 12 minutes. Turn strips and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through.
12. Serve immediately with preferred dipping sauce.