Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin
- 3 cups (750 ml) each cauliflower and broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese (old)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20 Boulangerie Grissol Three Cheese Baguettes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a nine inch square baking dish with butter.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
4. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
6. Add all 3 cheeses and cook until melted.
7. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
8. Once all ingredients are combined, stir in cauliflower and broccoli florets and pour into baking dish.
9. Place Three Cheese Baguettes in zip-top bag and Crush crackers with rolling pin until finely ground.
10. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, then remove bacon and drain on paper towel leaving drippings in skillet.
11. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
12. Add garlic and cook for one minute then remove from heat.
13. Stir in crushed Baguettes, parsely and cut bacon.
14. Spread evenly over cauliflower and broccoli mixture.
15. Cook for 35 - 40 minutes or until bubbly and vegetables have reached desired tenderness.