- 1 cup (250 ml) crushed Breton crackers (Minis, Original, Garden Vegetable, Reduced Sodium)
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) butter, melted
- 1½ lbs (750 g) chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch each each salt and pepper
1. Combine melted butter and crushed Breton crackers. Set aside.
2. Pat chicken dry and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide stirps.
3. Wisk together egg, salt & pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat.
4. One at a time add chicken strips to crumb mixture. Shake to coat all over.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper arrange chicken on sheet.
6. Bake at 450F (230C) for 10 minutes or until golden, turning once.
7. Serve hot with BBQ sauce, plum sauce or honey mustard.
Try adding 4 tbsp (60ml) of parmesan cheese for a tasty Italian twist.