Chocolate Marshmallow Crunch
- 8 Boulangerie Grissol Original Bread Sticks
- 2 cups (250 g) of mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of good quality chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (35 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) icing sugar
1. Line tray with parchment paper and sprinkle a layer of cornstarch and icing sugar, about 2 tbsp each and leave it aside.
2. Over a double boiler melt 2 tbsp of butter, then add the marshmallows and let them melt thoroughly. Make sure the heat is low when melting the marshmallows.
3. Stir gently and add vanilla extract.
4. Once melted you need to work quickly. Keep the bowl over the water to keep from cooling quickly. Dip the bread sticks one at a time. Gently tip the breadsticks up and let the mixture slide half way down the stick making sure all sides are coated. Place the coated stick on the prepared tray and sprinkle more icing sugar and cornstarch mixture over the stick. This will prevent the sticks from sticking to the tray. Keep going till all the sticks are coated.
5. Place the tray with the prepared sticks in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to harden.
6. Prepare another tray with parchment paper for the finished product. Leave it aside.
7. Over a double boiler melt 1 tablespoon of butter and chocolate chips.
8. Once melted add one tablespoon at a time of milk to make the chocolate mixture slightly runny, but thick enough to coat the sticks.
9. Prepare another tray with parchment paper.
10. Remove sticks from the refrigerator. Place them on a new parchment paper and using the parchment paper, gently roll the sticks to make sure the coating is smooth all around.
11. Brush the excess icing sugar and cornstarch mixture from the sticks and dip them in chocolate, making sure that all sides are coated. Place on prepared tray and place them in the refrigerator to harden. Store in refrigerator.
12. Remove from refrigerator 10-15 minutes prior to serving.