Cookie Chips with Apple Pie Dip
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style plain cream cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 box (170 g) Dare Cookie Chips Sea Salted Caramel
1. Melt butter in skillet set over medium heat; cook apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for 5 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender and brown sugar starts to caramelize. Let cool completely. Meanwhile, whip cream until stiff; set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream and then fold in apples. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
3. Serve with Dare Cookie Chips Sea Salted Caramel.
For even more apple flavour, add 4 tsp (20 mL) apple butter to dip. Cortland, Mutsu, Honeycrisp and Fuji apples all work well in this recipe.