Corn Shrimp Relish
- 10 oz (285 g) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (reserve a shrimp for garnish)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red pepper flakes
- Breton, grainsfirst or Vivant crackers
1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except crackers.
2. Serve in crock with crackers. Garnish with thinly sliced red onion and shrimp.
Prepare a day in advance to let the flavours infuse. Serve in lettuce cups. For a tasty entree, serve grilled chicken with Corn Shrimp Relish and crackers.