Crispy Caesar Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks with skin on
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups (375 ml) Boulangerie Grissol Three Bread Caesar
- 7 tbsp (105 ml) vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
1. Combine flour, garlic powder and thyme in medium sized bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs in a separate medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Place croutons in a large thick plastic bag and seal.
4. Place the bag on a cutting board and finely crush croutons using a rolling pin.
5. Place crouton breadcrumbs in a separate medium sized bowl.
6. Salt chicken drumsticks, then drench drumsticks one at a time through flour, egg and breadcrumb mixtures.
7. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot, place drumsticks in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on either side or until crispy.
8. Place fried drumsticks onto a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately.