Easy Crumble Apple Pie
- 1 box Breton crackers (Original, Reduced Fat & Salt , Veggie Bites)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
1. In a large bowl crumble Breton crackers and reserve 1/2 cup (250ml) for the topping.
2. Add melted butter and eggs to crumbled Breton crackers and mix thoroughly.
3. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a pie tin or spring form pan.
4. Meanwhile, mix apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Place on top of baked crust and bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes.
5. Use reserved 1/2 cup (250ml) of crumbled Breton crackers and mix with granulated sugar. Sprinkle on top of apples. Bake at 350F (180C) for 35 mins or until apples are soft.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, cheddar cheese or on its own as a delicious finish to any meal.
Keep in the fridge or freezer. Simply reheat in the oven at 375F (190C) for 20 mins.