Four Cheese Ravioli
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned evaporated milk
- 24 fresh bite-sized ravioli
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) herbes de Provence
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable oil, for frying
- 1½ cups (375 ml) tomato sauce, for dipping
- 1 cup (250 ml) Breton crackers, finely ground
1. In a shallow bowl, beat together eggs and evaporated milk, set aside.
2. Put ground Breton crackers and herbes de Provence in a different shallow bowl.
3. Dip ravioli in egg mixture to coat, letting excess drip off, and coat in Breton cracker crumbs.
4. In a 5-quart saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil over moderate heat (350F). While oil is heating, Arrange coated ravioli on a tray covered with paper towels. With slotted spoon, gently lower 4 ravioli into hot oil, turning occasionally. Cook thoroughly until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer toasted ravioli to tray and drain.
5. Transfer warm ravioli to platter and sprinkle with grated cheese. Serve with warm tomato sauce.
Substitute with other varieties of ravioli such as spinach and cheese.