Kale Salad with Baba Ghanouj Dressing
- 1 x 8 oz (227g) Summer Fresh Baba Ghanouj
- 3 cups (300g) Baby Kale or Regular Kale, shredded
- 12 (100g) Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cucumber, sliced in small, half-coins
- 1 cup (205g) Red, Green & Yellow Peppers, thin strips
- 1 box Boulangerie Grissol Melba Canapé 12 Grain crackers
- 1/4 cup (45g) Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Water
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Smoked Paprika, to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together kale, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, peppers, parmesan cheese and Boulangerie Grissol Melba Canapé 12 Grain crackers.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 container of Summer Fresh Baba Ghanouj, lemon juice, olive oil, water, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until a liquid consistency is achieved.
3. Add an equal amount of salad to individual serving dishes or bowls. Consider using small cast iron skillets for a rustic touch. Serve Baba Ghanouj Dressing in a glass, silver carafe, or gravy boat and allow guests to pour onto their salads to their own taste.
Makes 4 - Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Summer Fresh – For more great recipes please visit www.summerfreshrecipes.com
For a smooth, pepper tang, consider swapping the Baba Ghanouj for a dressing made with Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.