Mini Toasted Kale & Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- 1 x 8 oz (227g) Summer Fresh Kale Dip
- 12 Boulangerie Grissol Melba Original crackers, crumbled
- 12 mini red or purple potatoes (no larger than 2" diameter)
- 1/4 cup (50g) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chives, chopped for garnish, to taste
1. Carefully cut the top (1 cm) and bottom (0.5 cm) of each potato so they can stand on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake potatoes in a 230C/450F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender (check with a toothpick).
2. Remove potatoes from the oven and with a melon baller or a small tablespoon, scoop out the center of each potato create a hollow cavity. Place the scooped potato in a medium bowl, add Summer Fresh Kale Dip and mash together.
3. Fill each potato with an even amount of mashed potato and Kale Dip mixture. Top each potato generously with cheddar cheese and crumbled Boulangerie Grissol Melba Original crackers. Return the tray to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. If the top starts to burn, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
4. Remove from oven and garnish with chives. Serve of individual stylish ceramic spoons. Warning: contents will be hot!
Makes 12 - Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Summer Fresh – For more great recipes please visit http://www.summerfreshrecipes.com/
Add some healthy chick-pea-powered protein in place of kale for a garlic-flavoured appy with Summer Fresh Roasted Garlic Hummus