Santa Fe Dip
- 2 cups (500 ml) canned chili
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 4 oz can (115 g) jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) red onion, chopped
- Breton cracker Crumbs:
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 box Breton Cheddar Minis
- 1 cup (250 ml) scallions, chopped
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
1. In a large zip-top bag, gently crush half of the box of crackers with a rolling pin; reserve remainder for dipping.
2. Melt butter and drizzle into cracker mixture. Close bag again and manipulate until well distributed.
3. Spread half of the cracker crumbs on bottom of microwaveable baking dish (10" pie plate or wide-mouthed crock works well).
4. Spoon chili over crackers, spreading around with the back of the spoon.
5. Evenly place chunks of cream cheese over top of chili.
6. Sprinkle a layer of tomatoes over the cream cheese, then jalapenos, red onion, and finally, the shredded cheddar and remaining crumbs.
7. Place in microwave for 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
8. Top with scallions and serve warm with Breton Bites Cheddar Cheese or Breton crackers.