Stove Top Caesar Dressing
- 2 cups (500 ml) Boulangerie Grissol Three Bread Caesar Croutons
- 1½ cups (375 ml) hot chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (30 ml) shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a small frying pan.
2. Add carrots, celery and shallots. Sauté until soft.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Heat chicken broth to boiling and remove from heat.
5. Add croutons to broth and mix until all croutons are moist.
6. Add carrots, celery and shallots and mix well.
7. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and add salt and pepper to taste.