About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario, our home since the family’s original store opened in 1892..
We are looking for a Buyer to join our Corporate Purchasing Team based in Cambridge, Ontario.
- To lead strategic sourcing for indirect purchases, supporting operations, engineering, innovation, and corporate services.
- To be innovative in approaches for indirect spend that drives cost reduction, value, and compliance.
- Develop and negotiate contracts, focusing on risk management, best in class terms and conditions and overall value
- Detailed spend analysis to support strategic sourcing
- Demonstrate a systematic and innovative approach to problem solving
- Communicate effectively with customers and suppliers
- Ensure uninterrupted flow of materials to support internal customer requirements
- Lead the supplier performance and relationship management process driving overall value from contracts
- Monitor market conditions using online tools, networking and published information
- Participate and manage cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement
- Develop vendors to ensure conformance of materials and competitive pricing
- Maintain master data, including contracts, confidentiality agreements and MRO information.
- Develop and execute RFP’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of relevant purchasing experience, ideally in a consumer-packaged goods company (with responsibilities for strategic sourcing of indirect purchases)
- Experience with SAP
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) with experience in supply chain (i.e. MRP, manufacturing process, strategic sourcing, negotiating and contracts).
- Working towards a SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) designation
- Knowledge of Supply Chain procedures
- Ability to influence decision makers; excellent relationship management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Advanced Excel skills)
- In depth analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Effective communicator
- Works independently
- Initiative and teamwork
- High ethical standards and strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by March 28, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.