Dare Foods Limited, a family owned, leading North American manufacturer and distributor of crackers, biscuits, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks is seeking a motivated and energetic individual for our Cambridge, Ontario location.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer, this position is accountable for a specific category of packaging – to drive efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement in the procurement process.
- Source quality packaging materials at competitive costs to support production and innovation requirements.
- Negotiate and/or tender agreements across supply base using best in class tools.
- Monitor market conditions using on line tools, networking, and published daily information.
- Utilize, participate and manage cross functional groups to drive Procurement cost reductions and administer ERP requirements.
- Support innovation and growth by delivering unique packaging on a timely basis at competitive prices.
- Develop vendors to ensure conformance of materials and competitive pricing. Coordinate, execute and analyze tenders; negotiate & administer contracts.
- Develop yearly packaging budget based on network of information including supply and demand information, current market data and trends and overall knowledge and coverage of materials. Develop and execute cash flow improvement plan.
The successful applicant will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) with experience in supply chain and/or procurement (i.e. manufacturing process, strategic sourcing, negotiating and contracts).
- Minimum three years of relevant purchasing experience, ideally in a consumer-packaged goods company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with
- knowledge of Supply Chain procedures
- Commodity and/or packaging buying experience.
- Working towards a SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) designation (PMAC - Purchasing Management Association of Canada).
- Proficient with an ERP system (ideally SAP).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with strong problem- solving ability.
- Communications and relationship-building with internal/external contacts.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by June 2, 2023, quoting the appropriate position title and your name to: email@example.com (.doc, .txt, .pdf)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.