Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks is seeking motivated and energetic individuals for our Engineering team.
Control Engineer, Project Manager
The Controls Engineer Project Manager role involves the development and execution of Capital Projects ranging from $10k up to $2,000k investment with a primary focus on manufacturing control systems. This role will provide engineering services to upgrade or replace controls systems which are intended to control processing and packaging operations within candy and bakery manufacturing locations. Within this role the individual must have the capability to establish and deploy standards (controls related) while maintaining a collaborative approach with Manufacturing and Technical Functions as well as within our corporate Engineering Team in order to achieve the successful implementation of Capital Projects.
- Provide controls related expertise in executing all aspects of assigned Capital Projects
- Develop and ensure Dare engineering standards are in-place (controls related)
- Lead and complete conceptual design, scoping, detail design, tendering, cost and benefit estimating, installation and testing duties as related to Capital Projects (controls related)
- Ensure all safety, quality, and food manufacturing standards are identified in design scope and implemented during execution of Capital Projects (this will involve design reviews with all key stakeholders)
- Prepare equipment/system proposals; resolving technical design details and issuing purchase orders/contracts
- Post selection of control system, perform Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing with all major equipment suppliers to insure satisfactory performance of control systems
- Develop commissioning, qualification, and verification plans (including User Acceptance Testing) post installation of control systems (this process involves coordinating activities with all key stakeholders to ensure training, documentation, and start-up plans are in-place for installations of new control systems)
- Prepare and maintain P&IDs
- Maintain an inventory list of all in-service control systems
- Oversee a change control process for in-service control systems
- Provide technical support for in-service instrumentation and control systems; analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems
- Develop training programs for instrumentation and control systems
- Identify Capital Projects to improve manufacturing operations so as to meet product quality or productivity improvement objectives; including long-term initiatives for purposes of strategic Capital planning.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of instrumentation and controls technology
- Perform assigned duties in a manner which represents the Engineering department effectively and positively
- Degree or Diploma in an engineering related field, preferably electrical or mechatronics
- Engineering experience with control systems preferred within the food industry
- Project Management experience
- Ability to prepare and read P&IDs
- Ability to prepare and read electrical schematics and single-line drawings
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Outlook, Visio, AutoCAD, Rockwell software, Ignition, MS SQL)
- Registration as a P.Eng with PEO and/or CET with OACETT considered an asset
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley/Rockwell)
- HMI programming and design
- SCADA (preference is Ignition, but will look at their overall experience)
- Networking and IT type infrastructure is a plus
- Project management a plus
- Startups and Troubleshooting is a must
- Experience with Robots and other automated control systems is considered an asset
- Experience with Ignition is considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position will require the ability to travel as well as working irregular shifts including evenings and weekends.
We offer training, competitive wages and benefit package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by December 2, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title and your name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word or PDF format)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.