Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
We are looking for a Demand Planner to join our team located at our Head Office.
As a member of the Demand Planning team, you will be required to leverage all available business intelligence and forecasting information derived from Sales, Marketing, syndicated data and customer sources to drive the most accurate short and long term forecasts for your assigned business unit. You are detail oriented, analytical, have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit a can-do attitude toward your assigned tasks.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining high quality 24 month demand forecasts by assembling and analyzing all data pertinent to creating/maintaining the demand forecast, including historical order shipments, market and macro-economic trends, seasonality, promotions, and product life-cycle management
- Maintaining demand forecast in Anaplan demand planning software
- Monitoring demand plan performance and completing other demand planning tasks as per required timelines and frequency
- Facilitating forecast reviews with Sales & Marketing and gaining consensus at our monthly Sales and Operations Planning meetings.
- Investigating Sales planning assumptions with fact based data (historical sales and/or syndicated data AC Nielsen) and ensure proper calibration occurs.
- Identifying major forecast variances at the account level and formulate corrective actions to ensure organization targets are being met relative to forecast accuracy, Bias and Fill Rates.
- Leading root-cause-analysis initiatives and formulating action plans to eliminate re-occurrence of issues at Dare.
- Driving continuous improvement in the development, modification and adjustment of procedures, policies, processes and technologies within the demand planning organization
- Working collaboratively with Supply Chain Planning to be pro-active in identifying supply issues
- Working collaboratively with Sales Operations and Planning to mitigate supply risks and identify out of plan sales activities
- Representing Demand and Supply planning on strategic initiatives such product launches or plant initiatives
The successful applicant will have:
- 3-5-years experience in a demand planning or related role
- A University degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Statistical Analysis, Supply Chain or a related discipline.
- Project and time management skills providing you with the ability to multi-task, work independently as well as on group projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel) and have a working knowledge of SAP and Cognos. Experience using demand planning software (ie. SAP APO IBP) and/or experience in Sales would be considered an asset.
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by October 31, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to: email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.