Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, Raincoast Crisps and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Electrician - Milton, ON
We are recruiting for a highly skilled licenced 309A Electrician for our day shift (6:30am-2:30pm Monday morning to Friday afternoon). The ideal candidate will posses a high level of initiative and sense of urgency with exceptional ability to identify, asses and repair/replace various components of the Plant Operations. An aggressive problem solver, the ideal candidate will have a keen eye for identifying issues during production and proactively remedying the problem before causing production stoppages. This position requires someone who takes extreme pride in their work, has a continuous improvement mindset, and a strong understanding of the importance of production uptime.
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs and policies within the Milton manufacturing location
- Perform electrical preventative maintenance on all factory equipment as assigned
- Extensive experience reading interpreting diagrams and schematics drawings
- Ensure the Electrical Code is adhered to for all plant equipment
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of all production machinery, including high speed packaging lines, conveyors, pumps, motors, kettles, and various other processing equipment
- Requires standing, walking, reaching and bending for periods of time across all areas of the facility. Ability to lift up to 30lbs in a safe manner.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality; flexibility in work schedule to accommodate business requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives. Investigate, recommend and execute modifications to reduce equipment breakdowns and increase operating efficiency
- Exercise judgment in executing necessary adjustments on equipment as required in order to maintain a safe operation and quality control standards
- Keep accurate maintenance records and complete all work orders paper work in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering department with regards to machine modifications and the installation of new machinery and production systems
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that high quality products are produced while maintaining budgeted efficiencies. Share best practices with other members of the maintenance team.
- Understand, participate and support all food safety and quality programs at the Milton site. Responsible for ensuring all products produced meet all GMP and food safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- A college or trade school diploma/license for 309A Electrician. Completion of a recognized apprenticeship and possession of a valid Electrical license or equivalent
- 7 years of experience as a production electrician, preferably in the food or packaged goods industr
- 5 Years experience with troubleshooting and repairing PLC’s, variable speed drives, logic controllers, and servo drive
- PLC programming experience would be an asset
- Previous Candy Manufacturing experience considered highly valuable
- This position occurs in a air-conditioned food manufacturing setting (plant environment)
- Exposure to noise, raw materials, some dust and variable temperatures is common
- The use of personal protective equipment is mandatory, particularly protective footwear, safety glasses and hearing protection as well as strict adherence to Lock Out Tag Out processes
We offer career elevating opportunities, a competitive hourly rates and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by March 24, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.