Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks, is seeking motivated and energetic individuals.
Engineering Site Lead - Milton, ON
In this role you will be involved in the development and execution of Capital Projects ranging from $10k up to $10M investment. You will provide engineering services and support to the manufacturing facilities as it relates to equipment and system upgrades and/or replacements. This role supports multiple sites and there is a requirement to travel up to 30% of the time. Collaborative in nature, you are able to establish positive relationships cross-functionally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering related expertise in executing all aspects of assigned Capital Projects
- Lead and complete conceptual design, scoping, detail design, tendering, cost and benefit estimating, installation and testing duties as related to Capital Projects
- Ensure all safety, quality, and food manufacturing standards are identified in design scope and implemented during execution of Capital Projects (this will involve design reviews with all key stakeholders)
- Prepare equipment/system proposals; resolving technical design details and issuing purchase orders/contracts
- Perform Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing with all major equipment suppliers to ensure satisfactory performance of equipment and/or systems
- Develop and lead commissioning, qualification, and verification plans (including User Acceptance Testing) post installation of the equipment and/or systems (this process involves coordinating activities with all key stakeholders to ensure training, documentation, and start-up plans are in-place for installations of new equipment and/or systems)
- Prepare, maintain and update layouts and P&IDs current
- Provide technical support for in-service equipment and systems; analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for equipment and systems
- Identify Capital Projects to improve manufacturing operations so as to meet product quality or productivity improvement objectives; including long-term initiatives for purposes of strategic Capital planning.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of utility, bakery and candy processes and packaging technology
- Perform assigned duties in a manner which represents the Engineering department effectively and positively
The successful applicant will have:
- An accredited degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or a related field)
- Registration as a P.Eng with PEO is considered an asset
- Significant (5+ years) of capital project management experience (PMP certification would be considered an asset)
- 5+ years engineering experience with mechanical processes and packaging systems preferred within the food or consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry
- Ability to prepare and read engineering drawings & P&IDs
- AutoCAD experience would be considered an asset
- Computer skills (Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer career elevating opportunities, a competitive hourly rates and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by April 28, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.