Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few), is seeking a motivated and energetic individual for our Corporate Office in Cambridge.
Human Resources Manager
The successful candidate will have experience in all areas of human resources management and labour relations. This position plays an active role in the coordination of operational HR functions as it relates to salaried and hourly labour/employee relations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: organizational development, recruitment and onboarding, compensation, benefits and pension, as well as employee information management in an HRIS system.
As the first point of contact for employees, you are able to deal with confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner and communicate in a respectful and meaning manner.
- Organizational development - foster and build positive and effective employee relations in accordance with applicable policies, procedures along with the company mission and values.
- Ensure consistent application of the collective agreements and Employee Handbooks that cover diverse groups of employees including populations in salary, production, skilled trades, and warehouse employees in Canada and the US.
- Provide counseling to management when direction, guidance, or HR related involvement is required
- Participate in all aspects relating to the recruitment process including, development of job postings, selection and interviews, reference and background checks, and preparation and communication of offer letters.
- Development and execution of training / development plans
- Develop and generate reports and statistics
- Facilitate the Performance Appraisal process ensuring content is cascaded accurately and rolled up in a proactive and timely manner
- Ensure legal compliance with applicable provincial Employment Standards legislation and Human Rights
- Able to manage multiple requests and projects within required timelines
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or similar related subject.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in all areas of Human Resources and 5 years of direct management.
- Experience responding to inquiries from both employees as well as internal and external clients.
- Experience working with Unionized Manufacturing sites and Collective Agreements is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization and a proven ability to work with a variety of different personalities, and maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times and in all situations
- Organized and detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Previous experience in and HRIS system (Dayforce, ADP Workday, UltiPro)
- Superior time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to speak and communicate in French would be considered an asset
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing with a resume and cover letter by February 15, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.