Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Kitchener Ontario, our home since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
IT Systems Administrator
We are looking for an IT Systems Administrator to join our Information Services department at our head office in Cambridge, Ontario. Here you will work in a fast-paced environment with experienced and passionate team members with a goal of driving profitable business growth and delivering against our Made Better Promise.
The successful candidate must have initiative, demonstrate eagerness, ability to meet deadlines along with being able to independently or in a group. In this role, you will take part in the implementation, deployment, installation, maintenance, documentation, and optimization of the IT Windows and network infrastructure. With security being top of mind with everything we do, an understanding of best practices is needed. Experience with Windows Server and Desktop operating systems and Office 365 is required. In addition to the above, the candidate chosen for this position will be involved in the day-to-day technical support, administration, patching and maintenance of the on-premise corporate server and end-user desktop environment and coordinate with vendors for support of hosted environments. A strong aptitude for customer service is needed as part of 2nd level Help Desk support.
- Administration of Windows Active Directory with Azure/Office 365 integration
- Perform regular system health checks, patching and reporting for Windows servers and desktops
- Research and perform firmware updates and software upgrades throughout the infrastructure to maintain security compliance
- Prepare test scenarios and test scripts for infrastructure updates and patches
- Monitor daily server backups, disk space, and system performance of on-premise systems and coordinate with vendors for the hosted datacenter environment
- Develop and test Windows server and desktop image builds and configuration, software deployment and technical upgrades in coordination with the Systems Architect and IT managers
- Assist with the installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance and usability of Windows desktops, laptops, tablets, peripheral equipment and software
- Participate in important IT technical projects and infrastructure upgrades under the direction of IT Management to design, plan, install and support the corporate virtual server and storage environments as well as E-mail, Windows domain, Disaster recovery, firewall and security
- Perform problem diagnosis and remediation for server and Windows desktop environments
- Proactively monitor performance of systems and infrastructure to maintain operational uptime requirements for the business
- Identify and repair infrastructure hardware and network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting and integration with network carriers for Internet, WAN and VoIP
- Maintain technical and end-user documentation and network connectivity diagrams
- Support the testing and deployment of new applications and systems
- Work closely with the rest of the IT team to troubleshoot issues
- After-hours system upgrades with rotating emergency on-call support
- Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration Degree or Diploma, or closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant systems administration work experience in Windows environment and Office 365
- Strong communication skills in English
- Must be an analytical thinker with the ability to interpret complex information, collect and research data, and use intuition and experience to complement standard operating procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the corporation: verbal, written, and listening
- Proven ability to work within defined timeframes
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Windows server and desktop
- Active Directory
- Azure/Office 365 and security
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Exchange
- LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi Aruba network administration
- Strong knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- PAN firewalls
- Security best practices for network, email, Active Directory, Office 365
- Antivirus administration
- Microsoft Server and Desktop Certification
- VMware Certified Professional
- CompTIA A+ and Server+
- Workspace ONE/Airwatch MDM
- Plant floor networks (Operational Technology)
- Linux (working knowledge)
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by August 7, 2023. Please include your name and position title in the subject line and send to: email@example.com (.txt, .docx or .pdf formats).
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.