Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Maintenance Manager – Cambridge
We are offering a fast paced, career elevating opportunity at our highly automated state-of-the-art baking facility in Cambridge, Ontario. The expectation for every employee of this unique and flexible facility is to work cooperatively as part of the team to efficiently and safely produce high quality bakery products under our “Made Better” promise to consumers.
The successful applicant for this position will manage all maintenance department functions, including the participation in production line start-ups, creation and management of work orders for our skilled trades, continued development of our CMMS and PM system, management of the maintenance budget, and the timely response to equipment downtime.
Highly organized, you are a team builder able to demonstrate leadership through your strong interpersonal and communication skills. You possess a strong safety mindset and build a safety culture leading by example.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following internal safety standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations (OHSA)
- Support Quality and Food Safety initiatives and GFSI protocols (SQF)
- Support overall CMMS program through work order execution, parts/inventory management, costing, and provide weekly and monthly reporting to the Plant Manager
- Deliver ongoing improvements and ownership of the Maintenance department through direct leadership of the Maintenance team and Maintenance Supervisors
- Direct relationship/collaboration with on-site Corporate Engineering through commissioning and equipment design review of new line start-ups
- Work in direct relationship with engineering on future expansion of facilities and production lines including design inputs, and improvement opportunities
- Troubleshoot specific equipment reliability, operability and maintainability issues and provide feedback to support reprioritization of work on a risk basis
- Participation in daily/weekly operational team meetings
- Lead/participate in Root Cause Analysis, and develop and implement Corrective Actions that improve equipment maintainability and reliability
- Overall responsibility of Plant Utilities (Boiler, Fresh Water, WWTP, MCCs, Compressed Air, Chillers, HVAC) including improving Preventative Maintenance completion rates and Reactive work management for the Manufacturing Plant, Warehouse and Corporate Office
- Creative, efficient and low cost material and parts sourcing through the evaluation and development of long term supplier partnerships, equipment reviews and failure analysis
- Champion vendor development to ensure the overall maintenance plan reflects the needs of a highly automated manufacturing facility
- Development and Training of highly skilled Maintenance Team through internal and external training programs
- Plan, execute and review Major Maintenance and planned shutdown activities
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, coaching and appraising job contributions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree or Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical or Electrical certificate considered an asset
- Processing and Packaging automation experience (ie. high speed consumer goods packaging experience)
- 7-10 years progressive maintenance experience
- Track record as a take-charge, results-oriented individual with excellent judgment and initiative.
- Large scale Bakery Manufacturing experience is desirable
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work closely with various stakeholders outside of the Maintenance Department including: Operations, Engineering, Warehouse, Quality, and Corporate Staff
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by October 22, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to: email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.