About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality cookies, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks are seeking a motivated and energetic Maintenance Manager for our Milton Plant(Confectionary).
About the job
Reporting to the Plant Manager, we are seeking an experienced Manager with the capacity to elevate the performance of the maintenance department. With a continuous improvement mindset, this individual builds programs for preventative, proactive and predictive maintenance, maximizing the longevity and reliability of equipment and performance of the manufacturing operation. The Maintenance Manager is accountable for promoting excellence in all site maintenance activities, leading site maintenance in providing both reactive and proactive multi skilled service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Highly driven, the Maintenance Manager will focus on safety, productivity, quality, cost control and positive interdepartmental relations.
As the Maintenance Manager, this person will be responsible to diagnose equipment malfunction, determine root cause and initiate immediate and long-term corrections. Manage the daily activities of maintenance team members to ensure production and maintenance needs are met and targets achieved for the department in a safe manner and through maximizing the use of Quality systems. Complete work assignments as required within budget, manpower and timing constraints and, will establish, implement and maintain long-range plans including Capital Expenditure plans for improvement of maintenance activities and provide technical assistance to the manufacturing operation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and apply a local Maintenance 3-year strategic plan that incorporates both strategic and budgetary elements in alignment with the site goals and objectives. This includes the development and use of KPI’s, annual and long-term departmental plans, resource projections and communication with peers and management.
- Provide leadership, supervision to staff by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction to: Maintenance Planner, MRO Coordinator, Utilities Technician, 5x Maintenance Millwrights and 5x Electricians
- Actively involved in taking the lead and ownership on identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement projects in collaboration with Operations, Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Engineering Dept and 3rd Party Contractors
- Lead a formal weekly meeting with Maintenance, MRO and Operations to review downtime and plan the following week's maintenance activities.
- Manage the department’s budget by controlling, monitoring and justifying expenditures versus plan and manage accordingly
- Budgetary Responsibility of $850k-$1million annually
Qualifications & Competencies
- Qualification as a recognized mechanical or electrical tradesperson, combined with a valid Ontario certificate and a technical school education.
- Preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineer qualification from a recognized University of College.
- Min. of 5 years of industrial maintenance experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of all regulatory codes (building, ISO, safety, fire, CFIA, electrical, TSSA, etc.)
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and resolve employee conflicts
- Experience with, but preferably implementing a CMMS
- Familiarity with boilers, air compressors, heating and air conditioning, plumbing, welding, electrical/electronic equipment, pneumatic, hydraulics and manufacturing equipment
- Strong command of English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, SAP and MP2.
- Highly organized, you are a team builder and able to manage tight deadlines and budgets. Your strengths and leadership ability are coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You bring to this role a skill trade with formal management training and at least 5 years maintenance management experience in a non-unionized food manufacturing setting.
- Track record as a take-charge, results-oriented individual with excellent judgment and initiative.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by November 8, 2021 quoting the appropriate position title to firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.