Maintenance Mechanic, Milton
Full Time + Milton, ON
About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family-owned business that continues to build a legacy rich in innovative, high-quality products that meet the changing needs of our consumers. “Made Better” is at the heart of everything we do at Dare and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office was relocated in 2018 from Kitchener to Cambridge and is a modern work environment connected to our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Maintenance Mechanic, Milton, ON
We are recruiting for a highly skilled licensed 433A Industrial Millwright Mechanic for our night shift (10pm-6am Sunday night to Friday morning). The ideal candidate will posses a high level of initiative and sense of urgency with exceptional ability to identify, asses and repair/replace various components of the Plant Operations. An aggressive problem solver, the ideal candidate will have a keen eye for identifying issues during production and proactively remedying the problem before causing production stoppages. This position requires someone who takes extreme pride in their work, has a continuous improvement mindset, and a strong understanding of the importance of production uptime.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs and policies within the Milton manufacturing location
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of all production machinery, including high speed packaging lines, conveyors, pumps, motors, kettles, and various other processing equipment
- Continually identifying, reporting and maintaining equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives. Investigate, recommend and execute modifications to reduce equipment breakdowns and increase operating efficiency
- Exercise judgment in executing necessary adjustments on equipment as required in order to maintain a safe operation and quality control standards
- Keep accurate maintenance records and complete all work orders paper work in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering department with regards to machine modifications and the installation of new machinery and production systems
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that high quality products are produced while maintaining budgeted efficiencies. Share best practices with other members of the maintenance team.
- Understand, participate and support all food safety and quality programs at the Milton site. Responsible for ensuring all products produced meet all GMP and food safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- A college or trade school diploma/license for 433A Millwright. Completion of a recognized apprenticeship and possession of a valid Millwright license or equivalent certification in a related mechanical trade.
- 5 years of experience as a production or industrial mechanic, preferably in the food or packaged goods industry
- Initiative, good communication skills, ability to work as part of a team with little direct supervision
- Ability to read blueprints and operate a lathe machine, as well as basic experience with Mig and Stick welding.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, including weekends and nights.
- Creative problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to meet physical demands of lifting and maneuvering heavy objects.
- Results-oriented and a strong sense of urgency/focus.
- Working knowledge of a CMMS system and computer literacy highly desirable
- Basic plumbing knowledge and experience with monitoring plant utilities like boilers, chillers and air compressors would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working on Hayssen and Triangle packaging equipment
- Previous Candy Manufacturing experience considered highly valuable
- This position occurs in an air-conditioned food manufacturing setting (plant environment)
- Exposure to noise, raw materials, some dust and variable temperatures is common
- The use of personal protective equipment is mandatory, particularly protective footwear, safety glasses and hearing protection as well as strict adherence to Lock Out Tag Out processes
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by January 21, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.