About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family-owned business that continues to build a legacy rich in innovative, high-quality products that meet the changing needs of our consumers. “Made Better” is at the heart of everything we do at Dare and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office was relocated in 2018 from Kitchener to Cambridge and is a modern work environment connected to our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Maintenance Planner – Milton, ON
We are recruiting for a highly skilled Maintenance Planner to join our Maintenance team. As an expert, you will develop deep technical knowledge of the process and equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this individual will lead the planning and implementation of Planned Maintenance activities. Utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs and policies within the Milton manufacturing location
- Work with Maintenance Team Leaders, to develop complete work plans for corrective, preventive, and predictive work that include safety information, job steps, parts required, special tool needs, and estimated man hours by trade.
- Shop floor planning of mechanical and electrical maintenance work. This would also include contacting vendors for parts required or contractors for outsourced work. Parts kitting for all planned work prior to scheduling.
- Visit the floor with the goal of increasing team productivity by removing all obstacles to executing the work safely, correctly and with minimum downtime and effort. Adopt the concept of eyes on the job and eyes on the parts
- Prioritize maintenance work using criticality analysis; schedule work through proactive communications with Maintenance & Production to ensure the highest value and/or most critical work is being scheduled and completed in a timely manner
- Manage onsite stores and ensure the availability of parts / materials to execute work, as well as establishing and maintaining proper spare parts/consumable inventory levels, and generating PO’s for re-orders
- Manages the preventive maintenance program planning and scheduling, PM content updates and revision using CMMS-MP2, and SAP
- Promote practice of Root Cause Analysis amongst the Maintenance crew and operators to implement long term solutions to breakdowns and recurring issues
- Support the development of the master plans for shutdowns, outages and turnarounds, update weekly KPI’s and provide input on Maintenance Budget Development
- Able to manage multiple projects or responsibilities at one time, while effectively communicating and liaising with various stakeholder across the business unit, including: Quality, Operations, external vendors, and contractors
- Any other task as assigned
Qualifications- Must Haves:
- Post secondary degree or diploma/certification program – preference will be given to those with a focus in manufacturing or engineering or electrical or mechanical trade
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment in similar role
- Strong working knowledge of CMMS (MP2), SAP(Intermediate to Expert), Microsoft office –MS Excel (Advanced skill)
- Major project / new equipment CMMS set-up experience of advantage
- Strong analytical and technical skills, along with written and oral communications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously
- Tradesperson or Maintenance supervision experience of advantage
- Knowledge of Autonomous Maintenance and TPM
- Strong knowledge or experience of Continuous Improvement tools
- A technical trade certificate is highly desirable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by August 2, 2022, quoting the appropriate position title to: email@example.com (.doc, .txt, .pdf)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.