Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic individual for our new, state of the art, fully automated Bakery Facility in Cambridge, Ontario.
- 1 position for afternoon shift, Mo-Fri 3pm to 11pm
- 1 position for weekend shift Fri and Mo 7am to 3pm and Sat/Sun 7am to 7pm
The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for providing front-line supervision to maintenance staff and contractors to ensure maintenance work is completed safely and efficiently. You take-charge, results-oriented individual with excellent judgment and proven initiative. Curious in nature you enjoy solving problems and are results oriented. You take initiative in planning, organizing and overseeing projects and are able to work with different areas and people within the organization.
- Ensure reliable operation and maintenance of all production and plant equipment and systems
- Diagnose equipment malfunction, determine root cause and initiate immediate and long-term corrective actions.
- Manage daily activities of maintenance team members, to ensure production and maintenance needs are met.
- Strong supervisory, organizational, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Meet maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Oversee Plant Utilities (Boiler, Fresh Water, WWTP, MCCs, Compressed Air, Chillers, HVAC) including PM s and Reactive work
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following internal safety standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations (OHSA)
- Report any significant equipment deficiencies as well as all unsafe working conditions found and provide for proper documentation for deviations and proposed changes.
- Directs and checks that all outside service companies and contractors are performing contracted work according to internal procedures.
- Assumes autonomy for the day-to-day Production equipment and facilities systems maintenance related decisions and escalating issues to the Maintenance Manager as required
- Ensures that all direct reports follow all company safety policies and legislation.
- Drives good housekeeping and maintains an organized work environment.
- Works closely with the Maintenance Scheduler to ensure PM execution in a timely fashion.
- In a collaborative manner with the Inventory Technician, manages spare parts inventory as required maintaining effective and efficient operational levels
- Assists and supports Maintenance Manager regarding annual budget and proper allocation of spend.
- Responds to on-call needs for Production (equipment and/or facility) system emergencies as required.
- Performs risk assessment and GAP analysis of Production equipment and facility systems and recommends continuous improvement, cost improvement actions.
- Writes and maintains relevant Standard Operating Procedures, Technical Bulletins and other related documents
- Ensures Maintenance team routinely use the CMMS to document maintenance work and log parts consumption.
- Working closely with other departments, including Production and Engineering to understand needs for Maintenance support.
- Performs training requirements assessment for Maintenance group and develops, implements, and maintains training program to ensure Maintenance team can fully and proficiently support all Maintenance needs across all shifts.
- Responsible for coaching, disciplining and annual performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Qualification as a recognized mechanical or electrical tradesperson, combined with a valid Ontario certificate and a technical school education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food / beverage industry,
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a lead/supervisory capacity.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, mechanical, electrical, and P&ID drawings / schematics.
- Strong communication including verbal and written.
- Experience in GMP and HACCP compliance along with CMMS
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, SAP and MP2.
- Previous experience working in a union environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by February 3, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title and your name in the subject line to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.