Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Kitchener Ontario, our home since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Millwright – Afternoon Shift
Location: Lesley Stowe Fine Foods, Richmond, BC
We are recruiting for Millwright positions on our afternoon shift running from 3:00pm -11:00pm Monday to Fridays
- Must participate and work within safety regulations and guidelines while maintaining a safe work environment for all plant employees
- Must possess excellent Communication skills
- Performs preventive maintenance on packaging and Baking Equipment.
- Completes records and reports, updates Work Orders
- Updates drawing and documentation as required
- Participates in continuous improvement
- Maintain repair and install mechanical and mechanically related equipment within the plant.
- Assembles, disassemble, modify mechanical equipment working from engineering drawings, field sketches, other related documents and verbal instruction needed to perform assigned duties
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and processes within scope of job. Certified in use of all required equipment
- Skilled in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of hydraulics, pneumatic and mechanical equipment problems.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet using Scissor-lifts and ladders
- Working knowledge of lathe, milling machine, grinder and hand tools
- Working knowledge of MIG/TIG welding
- Demonstrated experience in working in a fast paced team environment
- Must have good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Must be physically fit
- Problem solving, job task planning and organizing, continuous learning and improvement
- Experience working in a food related environment in a maintenance capacity
- 433A Industrial Millwright license
- 5 years' experience in a maintenance/ mechanical role along with basic electrical troubleshooting is an asset.
- Experience with welding, fabrication and machinery.
We offer career elevating opportunities. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by July 14, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.