Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our Corporate office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
As a key member of the Operations team this person will be responsible to assess and report on the financials of the Cambridge facility. This position will be the ‘go to’ resource for the Production & Maintenance team’s ability to meet budget and help ensure financial stability of the plant.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the overall financial performance of the Cambridge Manufacturing Plant.
- A promoter of Safety in the Workplace
- Daily production confirmation and reporting
- Ensuring timely and accurate closing of Monthly and Year End reports
- Work in conjunction with corporate finance resources to ensure timely and accurate period end closure
- Investigate and bring to conclusion count discrepancies
- Present daily, the performance results of the previous day, and highlight trends & areas of opportunity for improvement
- Working with Corporate Finance, assist in the creation of the operating budget (variable and fixed) and regular review of fixed & variable performance vs. the budget
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement for the plant; generating ideas and supporting with financial analysis of each project with the support of Corporate Finance.
- Working with the operations team in creating a capital plan that ensures growth while meeting budget
- Working closely with the production supervisors to ensure a clear understanding of the financial impact of decisions
- Work with the labour planning & scheduling teams to ensure that the desired production schedule will be efficiently crewed for.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and SAP.
- Highly organized, you are a team builder who is able to manage tight deadlines. Your strengths and leadership ability are coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A highly engaged individual with a passion for operations, you have the ability to create KPI’s (key performance indicators) as a performance communication tool to all plant personnel.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent experience in finance, manufacturing, operations, food manufacturing or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar or related position
- Team oriented, self-motivated and highly organized.
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to perform tasks independently.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing October 5, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title via e-mail to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.