About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family-owned business that continues to build a legacy rich in innovative, high-quality products that meet the changing needs of our consumers. “Made Better” is at the heart of everything we do at Dare and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office was relocated in 2018 from Kitchener to Cambridge and is a modern work environment connected to our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Process Engineer/Continuous Improvement Coordinator – Kitchener, ON
We are currently looking for Process Engineer/Continuous Improvement Coordinator with previous manufacturing experience in a fast-paced environment to join our Continuous Improvement Corporate team. Kindly note that this position is currently based out of our Kitchener manufacturing facility.
In this role, you will be asked to support and coach the implementation of Integrated Lean 6 sigma “approach”, while building the capability on the core (production) teams as well as lead and contribute to projects that will reduce losses. You possess a strong ability to apply science/knowledge that defines critical transformations within each unit of operation and to translate the knowledge into performance-based specifications that provides the widest possible solution for optimized system design.
- Support the Line Leader/Plant manager to deliver the QCD (Quality/Cost Delivery) targets of the line(s) and ensure process stability and capability.
- Support the Line Leader/Plant manager developing a loss eradication mind-set and culture starting from loss analysis. Use statistical metrics, time studies, and data collection techniques to determine project opportunities and improvements. Provide guidance in data collection, data analysis and root cause analysis to put in place a loss prevention system.
- Be the deployment expert for problem solving methods and continuous improvement techniques
- Lead efforts to raise the skills and knowledge of Dare employees /Build the capability of the Manufacturing team on IL6S work processes.
- Participate in process development and optimization for new and existing products and collaborate in cost estimate and capital request for process improvement.
- Define processing core competencies in terms of play book or other form of knowledge capture and transfer technical learning to manufacturing facilities.
- Act as a change agent within the organization and champion ideas with significant business potential, gaining organization buy-in where resistance is initially met.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Supply Chain Manufacturing or Food Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the food industry.
- Knowledge of unit of operation and processing equipment in large scale manufacturing.
- Project management knowledge and strong collaboration skills.
- Strategic – big picture thinking skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Lean 6 sigma knowledge (green Belt)
- Thorough knowledge of Lean concepts and tools including Value Stream Mapping, root cause and SMED
- Thorough knowledge of TPM or WCM concepts and methodologies an asset.
- Ability to handle project work with a structured and self-directed approach
- Experience in utilizing continuous improvement initiatives, such as Why Why, Kaizens, 5S, etc.
- Proficient in both written and oral communication
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and SAP.
- Team oriented, self-motivated and highly organized.
- Flexibility to cover alternate shifts as required
- Please note that there will be a requirement to travel to the United States approximately 25% of the time.
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by February 18, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.