About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the K-W area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Product Development Specialist (contract)
As a member of the Research and Development team, this individual will lead product development projects from concept to launch. This role reports to the senior manager of R&D and the position is located in the new Cambridge facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Innovation and Brand teams to execute our innovation plan with excellence:
- Determine feasibility of new product innovation concepts
- Develop new products, and renovate formulas of existing base products – creating lab prototypes, formulating dough, mixes and baking processes, and coordinating / leading plant production trials and first production runs
- Proactively manage costs of formulas being developed
- Work with Purchasing and Operations to deliver cost saving and product improvement targets
- Identify opportunities for process and formulation improvements
- The ideal candidate has a degree in food science/engineering combined with a strong culinary background
- Minimum of 3 years of R&D experience in food manufacturing
- Passion for food, culinary, and product development
- Independent worker, who thrives in a collaborative, team environment
- Fundamental understanding of food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail Ability to multi-task numerous projects and manage changing priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Meets milestones on-time and on-budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Proficiency utilizing Genesis nutritional software; SAP experience a plus
- This position will require periodic and project dependent travel to other Dare manufacturing or co-manufacturing sites within Canada and the US
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by April 4, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.