About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the Kitchener area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
About the job
Production Coordinator – Cambridge
We are offering a fast paced, career elevating opportunity at our new highly automated state-of-the-art baking facility in Cambridge, Ontario. The expectation for every employee of this unique and flexible facility is to work cooperatively as part of the team to produce safe, high quality food products, efficiently and effectively.
The Production Coordinator position has been created, due to the addition of a second production line. The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexible shifts.
- Plan and assemble raw materials for use against production plan
- Execute WIP production plan, planning short term and long-term production requirements
- Optimize ingredient handling of RMS with Innovation/R&D & Engineering
- Manage automated Raw Material System, controlling recipes through automated RMS
- Manage storage of raw materials, staging, returns and potential material write-offs
- Work in conjunction with material planning, ordering and timing of new materials
- Monthly inventory and reconciliation of raw materials
- Manage and facilitate all innovation trials from operational perspective
- Facilitate operational requirements through Engineering of future RMS requirements
- Facilitate Preventative Maintenance in conjunction with PM Planner on all RMS equipment
- Participate in Quality Audits and coordinate the completion of outstanding action items
- Report daily activities through clear, concise production reports
- Drive Continuous Improvement in Cost (Attainment and Waste), Quality and Health & Safety
- Issue and reconcile maintenance work orders, ensuring tasks are completed safely and efficiently
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- College or Bachelor degree in Food Science Technology/Engineering or related field
- 3 – 5 years relevant working experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing or consumer packaged goods
- Broad range of experience with Operational Systems
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience developing Quality and Health & Safety Systems/Programs
- Knowledge of the principles of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- A history of meeting and exceeding challenging performance goals; a desire to “win”
- Ability to perform tasks effectively both individually and as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in developing a “team first” culture
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by November 20, 2021 quoting the appropriate position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.