About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual with a strong passion for food to join our Cambridge Research and Development team.
About the Job
R&D Product Development Manager
As a member of the Research and Development team, this individual will be a hands-on manager overseeing technical members and facilitating the successful delivery of new innovations. This role reports to the Director of R&D and Technical Services, working with the marketing and the R&D teams to develop and execute our “Made Better” promise with excellence.
- Product Development with focus on key strategic platform(s)
- Provide technical direction on concept and its feasibility
- Plan, organize and support production trials. Provide direction(s) on formulation(s) and process development
- Maintain ownership and leadership of post-commercialization process through the hand-off process (as determined by
specification compliance) with Quality Assurance team
- Provide technical guidance to the cross functional partners on processing operating guidelines (POG) for existing
- Technical Support on Raw Material selection/cost initiatives
- Provide leadership on cost saving initiative(s)
- Provide guidance for the selection/qualification of alternate raw materials
- Technical Leadership for People Development
- Responsible for the development and the growth of technical members
- Post-secondary education: MSc. /BSc. Food Science, Process Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related discipline.
- 15 years of experience in the Food Industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing people
- Proven knowledge of food development, processing equipment, scale-up and analytical techniques
- Green belt qualification would be a strong asset
- Quality experience and culinary skills would be an asset
- Proven strong leadership with ability to build high performance team
- Solid planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot with successful solutions to fit manufacturing capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment, with the ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- This position will require periodic travel to other Dare manufacturing sites within Canada and the USA
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, October 29, 2021, quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities in the recruitment process and throughout their employment.