About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the K-W area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Research and Development Coordinator
We are currently looking for Full-time R&D Coordinator with previous manufacturing experience in a fast paced environment to join our team. This role will be responsible for coordinating testings and trials during smooth transition of a current production line in a new state of the art baking facility.
- Work very closely with manufacturing facility
- Renovate formulas of existing base products – creating lab prototypes, formulating dough, mixes and baking processes, and coordinating / leading plant production trials and first production runs
- Proactively manage costs of formulas being developed
- Ensure products meet requested brand attributes and quality standards
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing to deliver cost saving and product improvement targets
- Work with the various departments to ensure all necessary support is provided for sample analysis, segregation, ship tests, and any other required tests
- Work with plant schedulers, QA managers and lab staff to develop good working relationships and working understanding of functions, as they relate to R&D
- Carry out internal laboratory quality tests, such as moisture, pH, colour, etc.
- Identify opportunities for process and formulation improvements
- Attend and support plant trials, and production runs of key initiatives
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Food Science with culinary background
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food manufacturing environment
- Passion for food processes and product development
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environment
- Independent worker, who also thrives in a collaborative, team environment
- Fundamental understanding of food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail – Documents data thoroughly, in a detail-oriented manner, with strength in analyzing
- Works well in a team environment, with the ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Ability to multi-task numerous projects and manage changing priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Meets milestones on-time and on-budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by April 10, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.