About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Cambridge Ontario. We have been located in the K-W area since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
Research and Development Transition Lead: 12-month contract
We are currently looking for R&D Coordinator with previous manufacturing accounting experience in a fast-paced environment to join our team in Cambridge Ontario in a contract position.
- Work very closely with manufacturing facility
- Provide guidance to the business, R&D and operation partners on concept(s) feasibilities
- Lead pre-trial discussions with key stakeholders to ensure expectations are clearly defined; system and documentation(s) are in place
- Facilitate post-trial discussions with key stakeholders to review results and next steps
- Develop new products, and renovate formulas of existing base products – creating lab prototypes, formulating dough, mixes and baking processes, and coordinating / leading plant production trials and first production runs
- Identify opportunities for process and formulation improvements
- Ensure products meet requested brief attributes, brand standards
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing to deliver cost saving and product improvement targets
- Attend and support plant trials, and production runs of key initiatives
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Food Science with a strong culinary background
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food manufacturing environment and project management
- Passion for food, culinary trends, and product development
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environment
- Fundamental understanding of food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail – Documents data thoroughly, in a detail-oriented manner, with strength in analyzing
- Team player who is able to build strong relationships across departments
- Ability to multi-task numerous projects and manage changing priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Project Management, someone who is able to meet milestones on-time and on-budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Ability to travel (30-40%)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by April 10, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.