About Dare Foods Limited
Dare Foods Limited is a private, family-owned business that continues to build a legacy rich in innovative, high-quality products that meet the changing needs of our consumers. “Made Better” is at the heart of everything we do at Dare and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office was relocated in 2018 from Kitchener to Cambridge and is a modern work environment connected to our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
About the job
In this sales leadership role, the Retail Team Leader will manage and oversee the team performance of the Territory Sales Managers in the Western region, ensuring that the team meets /exceeds established sales and merchandising goals on a period and annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute long and short-term customer, category and/or regional growth strategies & plans
- Manage and train a team of field sales employees to achieve sales targets, market share, product distribution, space allocation, opportunity identification and customer service at retail
- Meet/exceed net sales budgets and profit
- Monitor and improve R&A and Clearances within Region
- Maximize promotional support/execution, brand visibility and product availability across the retail environment including shelf presence and displays
- Develop and foster relationships with 3rd party merchandising partners to grow our in-store display and shelf objectives and ensure that they have full understanding of in-store priorities and targets
- Develop and foster strong customer relationships with key customer executives
- Provide ongoing and insightful retail feedback and recommendations on all key strategic initiatives
- Route optimization and engineering of all territories to ensure effective and efficient call coverage to maximum ROI
- Work as part of a team of Retail Team Leaders and Director of Sales to set strategic goals that will enable achievement of annual and period category targets
- Maintain a reporting system providing an individual analysis with period priorities and budget tracking
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in consumer package goods, including key account management and/or retail sales experience, calling on Grocery, Drug and Mass outlets
- Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence decision makers; excellent relationship management skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, preference will be given to those with experience in SAP or COGNOS
- Analytical with the ability to identify opportunities, set goals and execute plans that will achieve goals
- Previous management and leadership experience including performance management, coaching, training and skill development of a sales team
- Initiative and teamwork
- High ethical standards and strong work ethic
- Able to travel regionally and/or nationally as required
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by January 5, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to email@example.com (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please.
Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.