Dare Foods Limited is a private, family owned portfolio of brands established in 1892. The Dare “Made Better” promise guides everything we do and comes to life through our portfolio of consumer-loved brands including Bear Paws, Breton, REALFRUIT, Boulangerie Grissol, and Whippet (to name just a few). Our head office is in Kitchener Ontario, our home since the family’s original store opened in 1892.
We are seeking a skilled SAP ABAP Developer to join our team in the position of ‘SAP ABAP Developer.’ The ideal candidate will have a strong background in ABAP development and understanding of SAP ERP system.
SAP ABAP Developer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is an asset.
- Proficiency in ABAP programming language and development tools, including ABAP Workbench, ABAP Dictionary, ABAP Objects, and ABAP Development Tools for Eclipse.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills in Enhancements & User Exits, Reports and SmartForms, Conversion Programs, LSMW, ALE/IDOC, BAPI, BAdI and application of OSS notes. Ability to customize and exten SAP standard functionalities without modifying the core code.
- Strong documentation skills for creating technical specification documents
- Experience with SAP integration/interface development with other SAP/non-SAP systems
- Good understanding of SAP Security concepts to ensure development work adhere to the best practices in SAP Security.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to debug and troubleshoot complex ABAP programs.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- “SAP Certified Development Associate” certification is an asset.
- Experience with SAP Fiori development is an asset.
- Experienced in unit testing, quality analysis and thorough knowledge of integration testing.
- Must have experience with API frameworks, and CPI Connectors like ODATA, SOAP, Restful Services, https, sftp, etc.
- Familiarity with SAP S/4 Hana and migration requirements.
- Familiarity with ABAP2XLSX framework an asset.
- Must have a positive attitude towards staying updated with SAP Technologies, tools and best practices.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain custom ABAP programs, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements within the SAP ERP ECC system.
- Perform ABAP coding, testing, debugging, and documentation to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Design and implement data migration and data integration solutions between SAP ERP ECC and other systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including functional consultants, basis administrators, and project managers, to deliver successful projects implementations.
- Conduct performance tuning and optimization activities to ensure the efficiency and scalability of ABAP programs.
- Provide Production system support by investigating and resolving ABAP-related issues in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with the latest SAP ERP ABAP technologies and best practices and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Mentor peers and provide technical guidance as needed.
- Review functional specification (FS) documents, prepare technical specification documents (TS) and implement SAP ABAP solutions.
We offer career elevating opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by July 30th, 2023. Please include your name and position title in the subject line and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.