Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks, is seeking a motivated and energetic individual for our Cambridge Location.
Senior Project Engineer
The Project Mechanical Engineer role involves the development and execution of Capital Projects ranging from $10k up to $10M investment with a primary focus on process and packaging systems. This role will provide engineering services to upgrade or replace equipment and/or systems which are required within our bakery manufacturing locations in Canada. The management of projects could requires travelling up to 15% of the time. Within this role the individual must have the capability to establish and deploy standards while maintaining a collaborative approach with Manufacturing and Technical Functions as well as within the Engineering Team in order to achieve the successful implementation of Capital Projects.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide mechanical engineering related expertise in executing all aspects of assigned Capital Projects
- Develop and ensure Dare engineering standards are in-place
- Lead and complete conceptual design, scoping, detail design, tendering, cost and benefit estimating, installation and testing duties as related to Capital Projects
- Participation into site selection and/or upgrade analysis
- Ensure all safety, quality, and food manufacturing standards are identified in design scope and implemented during execution of Capital Projects (this will involve design reviews with all key stakeholders)
- Prepare equipment/system proposals; resolving technical design details and issuing purchase orders/contracts
- Post selection of control system, perform Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing with all major equipment suppliers to insure satisfactory performance of equipment and/or systems
- Develop commissioning, qualification, and verification plans (including User Acceptance Testing) post installation of the equipment and/or systems (this process involves coordinating activities with all key stakeholders to ensure training, documentation, and start-up plans are in-place for installations of new equipment and/or systems)
- Prepare and maintain Layout and P&IDs current
- Support SCADA systems implementation and data driven CI tools
- Provide technical support for in-service equipment and systems; analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for equipment and systems
- Identify Capital Projects to improve manufacturing operations so as to meet product quality or productivity improvement objectives; including long-term initiatives for purposes of strategic Capital planning.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of utility, bakery and candy processes and packaging technology
- Perform assigned duties in a manner which represents the Engineering department effectively and positively
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree or diploma in the engineering field
- Registration as a P.Eng with PEO is considered an asset
- Project Management experience (PMP certification)
- Engineering experience with mechanical processes and packaging systems preferred within the food industry
- Ability to prepare and read P&IDs
- Computer skills (Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer training, competitive wages and benefit package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by November 21, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title and your name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word or PDF format)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.