Bloody Mary Gazpacho
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber (seedless), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and roughly chopped juice of
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice, chilled
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) dried dill
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Tabasco
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) horseradish salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vodka (optional)
- Vivant or Breton Veggie Bites
1. Place all ingredients, except crackers, in a food processor and pulse quickly to combine. Do not over process as gazpacho is much nicer when chunky.
2. Chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with Vivant crackers or any delicious Dare crackers.
Gazpacho is a cold Mexican soup that is great for a light healthy lunch. It is also delicious when used as a casual outdoor barbecue side dish, an elegant appetizer, or a nice brunch addition when served in a big bowl with celery garnish and a basket of Vivant crackers. For an elegant appetizer serve in shot glasses with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro. Or freeze portions in small plastic containers to take to the beach.