Breton Cheese Ball
- 2 x 8 oz (2 x 225 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (1 L) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic salt
- Breton crackers or Breton Original Bites
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add cheddar cheese, relish, onion and garlic salt. Chill until firm enough to handle.
3. Roll mixture into ball. Crush Breton crackers and roll cheese ball in cracker crumbs. Chill. Serve with Breton crackers.
For an elegant appetizer roll cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and then roll into crumbs. Place each ball on a Breton cracker for individual servings.