- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped yellow or red cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove cut in half
- 12-15 Breton crackers
1. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. In a small jar, shake up the olive oil and vinegar.
3. Pour dressing over the tomato mixture and refrigerate (best if you can refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavours to infuse).
4. Spoon the tomato mixture onto each of the crackers. Serve immediately.
Place on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Spoon tomato mixture on crackers and top with thinly shaved parmesan cheese. Broil quickly until cheese melts. Be careful not to burn crackers. Serve warm.