Caramelized Figs with Spiced Ricotta
- 1 cup (250 ml) ricotta
- 2 tsp (10 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly grated or powdered nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 3 fresh figs, sliced in quarters
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 12 Cabaret or Vinta crackers
1. In a small bowl, mix ricotta, granulated sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon until combined.
2. Arrange figs on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Sprinkle brown sugar over figs and broil until sugar has caramelized and figs are warm.
3. Spread crackers with the ricotta mixture and top crackers with a warm fig slice. Serve immediately.
Try with Reduced Fat & Sodium Breton and low fat ricotta to make this treat a non-guilty pleasure.