- 2 oz per person (60 g) variety of cheeses in contrasting textures, tastes, and colours sliced apples, optional garnish sliced pears, optional garnish grapes, optional garnish
- Vinta, Cabaret or Breton crackers
1. Serve cheese at room temperature on a large cheese board or several smaller ones.
2. Leave cheeses uncut before serving to prevent them from drying out. Include utensils so guests can select their own portions. 3. Garnish cheese with sliced apples, pears, and grapes. Toss sliced fruit in a bit of lemon juice to avoid browning.
4. Serve an assortment of Dare crackers or Boulangerie Grissol fine breads.
Cheese is always appropriate as an appetizer but you can do as the Europeans do and serve a cheese course prior to dessert. Fresh large leaves, available at florists, make a nice presentation â€“ wash before using. Dust grapes with granulated sugar and freeze for a spectacular edible decoration.