Cheesy Potato Gratin
- 7 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (375 ml) grated cheese, try cheddar, parmesan, swiss or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp each (15 ml) garlic powder & onion powder
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream (or milk)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) crumbled Breton crackers (Original, Garden Vegetable, Reduced Fat & Sodium, Veggie Bites)
1. In a greased 13"x9" baking dish layer a third of the potato slices with a third of cheese & spices.
2. Repeat layers twice.
3. Pour cream and vegetable stock evenly over potatoes.
4. Sprinkle the top evenly with crumbled Breton crackers.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350F (180C) for 1 hour.
6. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Simply reheat in the oven at 375F (190C) for 30 minutes.