- 16 oz (454 g) can whole cranberry sauce
- 6-8 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) each of ginger, allspice and curry powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- Breton, Cabaret or Vinta crackers
1. Combine all ingredients (except crackers) in medium bowl and stir.
2. Serve at room temperature or chilled, alongside a basket of delicious Dare crackers.
Spread cream cheese on a selection of Dare crackers and top with a dollop of chutney for a great holiday snack. Or, place block of cream cheese on a plate and pour chutney over the top. Serve with a spreading knife and delicious Dare crackers. Chutney can be placed in a decorative jar and given as a hostess gift. Prepare up to three days ahead of time. Freezes well.